Aloe Vera is a well known plant which is regularly used in our day to day life. It holds a strong position in home remedies due its medicinal properties and is being very useful in beauty treatments as it consists of natural nourishing qualities. This plant is also one of the best home decor plant and is among the Top 5 Indoor Air Purifying Plant. These plants originate from Arabian Peninsula, which are gradually grown in tropical climate. It contains short thorny stems dark green in color. The thorns are not too hard and inside the stem there is soft gel which is in the form of sticky substance rich in vitamin C, vitamin E and Beta carotene which gives it nourishing and anti-ageing qualities.
According to Ayurveda, medicinal plant like Aloe Vera, Rose, and Guggal consists of four flavors sour, bitter, sweet and astringent. Its juice is loved in winter by all the morning walkers. It has great beneficial properties for stomach. Its juice helps to maintain cholesterol and glucose level in the blood. It is useful to reduce stretch marks and burns fat from the body.
Aloe Vera juice is easily prepared by mixing fresh aloe vera gel with a cup of water in a grinder. Aloe Vera can be taken with blueberry smoothie, amla(gooseberry) juice or lemon juice. This juice provides nourishment and gives you healthy and glowing skin. Aloe Vera is also used in many of the consumer products like beverages, skin lotions, cosmetics and ointments. Let us see how aloe vera is useful to rejuvenate our skin and proves it as a best natural beauty product.
Aloe Vera Gel Benefits for Face:
- It acts as a moisturizer to skin without making it greasy.
- It prevents the skin from sun burn.
- It reduces the Pimples.
- It reduces the pigmentation marks.
- You can apply it morning as a sunscreen agent and night as a skin brightening gel.
- Due to its nutritional and anti-oxidant qualities the skin heals quickly.
- It reduces the open pores.
- It reduces under eye dark circles.
Aloe Vera Oil preparation for Hair Growth:
- Take a vessel and pour three cups of coconut oil in it.
- Now take a fresh aloe vera leaf from the plant.
- Cut the aloe leaf and squeeze the gel from it.
- Then add 1 cup of aloe vera gel to the coconut oil and heat it on a medium flame.
- After 20 mins the oil in the vessel looks like foam like substance.
- Then heat it up to another 10 mins and switch of the flame.
- After the oil is cooled, massage it to your hair and keep it overnight. The next morning you can wash your hair or you can leave it on.
- Continuous use of this oil makes the hair smooth, thick and dandruff free.
Aloe Vera Facial:
- Cleansing – Take 1 spoon of aloe vera gel and add honey to it. Then mix them well and massage it on face for 5-7 minutes and then clean the face with cotton or tissue.
- Scrubbing – Take the aloe leaf cut into half and remove the gel out of it. Add rice flour or sugar in the gel and mix it. Slowly massage this scrub on the face for 5 minutes and then clean it.
- Toning – Take a spray bottle and add 1 spoon of aloe vera gel, 2 spoons of rose water and 2 spoons of normal water to it. Then shake the bottle and spray it on the face. Give light massage for 5 minutes and then wash it off.
- Moisturizer – Finally take some aloe vera gel and massage it on the face for two minutes and then leave it on. Thus the facial is done and it gives a glow to your skin.
Aloe Vera Ice Cubes:
Take fresh aloe vera gel and pour it in the ice tray. Freeze it for 2 hours and after 2 hours take out the ice cubes and massage it for 3 minutes then wash it off with plain water. It reduces the open pore problem.
Thus aloe vera in other words is known as a wonder plant which cures many of the skin disorders and health problems. It is used on burning sensation on skin which gives cool effect and also control the itching on skin. Its anti ageing property keeps skin wrinkle free and glowing. But it do have some side effects. It is not recommended to consume in pregnancy. If raw aloe vera juice is taken then it might lead to abdominal cramps and diarrhea. So it is suggested to consume it with water or cucumber juice. Its natural property leads to low blood sugar level so the person having low sugar level should avoid it.