Nature has provided us with seasonal fruits and vegetables. And some of the fruits and vegetables make you feel cool from the hot temperatures. Cucumber is having the same quality. It is the best fruit to be taken in summer. Cucumbers are scientifically known as Cucumis sativus and belong to the same botanical family as melons and squash. Cucumbers are used to enhance your beauty naturally. It keeps your skin moisturized. And keeps the body hydrated. Cucumbers should be used abundantly during summers.
Advantages of Cucumber
- Digestion: Cucumbers are rich in two of the most basic elements needed for healthy digestion: water and fiber. Ulcer is also cured by regular intake of cucumber juice.
- Blood Pressure: It contains potassium which is associated to lower the blood pressure.
- Diuretic: Cucumber juice is diuretic, which helps in waste removal through urination. This also helps in dissolution of kidney stones.
- Reduce Cholesterol: Cucumber has a compound called sterol that helps reduce cholesterol.
- Skin & Eyes: Cucumber juice is used as an acne cream and a soothing remedy to tired and puffy eyes. It is also beneficial in home beauty treatment for its anti ageing property.
- Antioxidants: Cucumbers contain several antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene and manganese. It contains Vitamin C which provides immunity to fight against the diseases and beta carotene is beneficial for vision.
- Relieve Stress: Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, B5, and B7 (biotin). Vitamin B is known to help reduce feelings of anxiety and safeguard some of the damaging effects of stress.
- Helps in Tooth Pain: If it is cut into pieces and boiled in water, this water is used as a gargle to get relief from tooth pain or Place a fresh slice of cucumber over the affected tooth to reduce the pain.
- Keeps you Hydrated: Cucumber is also very helpful in dehydration as water level is highest in a cucumber and that is 96% which keep your body hydrated and cool during hot summer.
- Protect your Brain: Cucumbers contain anti-inflammatory properties that play an important role in brain health. In helps to improve your memory and protect your nerve cells from age-related decline.
Cucumber contains most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc. Cucumber tastes delicious so it is used all over the world to make a number of dishes. It makes your body cool & refreshed.