Menstruation is a natural process that happens to each and every woman on this earth. It is also referred as a monthly period. Many hormonal changes occur in our body during the time of menstrual cycle. Due to which a woman may experience symptoms such as acne, painful cramps, nausea, fatigue, headache, bloating, diarrhea or constipation, giddiness, irritability, and leg and lower back pain. Woman may also suffer severe stress, anxiety and mood changes during menstruation. Bleeding is the most discomforting of all, and is not adored by most of the females. They start facing these symptoms prior to their start of period. A healthy diet, regular exercise, and sufficient rest can help reduce most of the symptoms. Medicines do help in reducing the symptoms, but they return after some time. These symptoms can be reduced with some natural ingredients found easily at our home
Helpful ways to ease your Menstruation:
- Ginger: This medicinal spice is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is useful in number of ways to ease symptoms such as cough & cold, irritation, nausea, headache, digestion and cramps. Make ginger lemon tea with honey or add it regularly to your food to get its full benefits and ease yourself from menstruation symptoms.
- Cinnamons: Cinnamon is best known for its antiseptic, anticlotting, and antioxidant properties which help in relieving the pain. Add cinnamon to your tea, milk or just boil a cup of water with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder and add a teaspoon of honey. Drink this during the painful days.
- Basil: Basil, also known as the holy basil, has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, which helps reduce cramps. Add it to your herbal tea, food, or you can chew 4-5 fresh leaves to get its benefits.
- Flax Seeds: The omega-3 fatty acids found in flaxseeds, may help slow the release of prostaglandins. Adding a teaspoon of flax seeds each day to your diet may ease you cramps and may help to make ovulation more regular. Try adding to your cereal, salad, yogurt, smoothies and breads and cakes.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate is high in its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Pomegranate juice gives you instant energy and eases nausea, fatigue and dizziness.
To ease the cramps apply heating pad on the lower abdomen. You can also use these pads for you lower back pain and leg pain. Drinking of more hot liquids during menstruation helps blood flow to the pelvic area, which eventually results in relaxing of muscle. If your symptoms last longer then please visit your healthcare professional.
If you have any remedy to fight the symptoms of menstruation, please do share with us.