A healthier version of the famous Indian dish where potato curry are cooked in a spicy yogurt gravy
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt
- 2 teaspoon gram flour
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 grated ginger
- 1 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- Â¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Â½ teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 1Â½ cups of water
- Peel and cut the potatoes in a medium size.
- Now mix yogurt, ginger, green chillies, turmeric powder and coriander powder and make a paste.
- Then heat oil in a saucepan. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, bay leaf and red chilli powder, add gram flour in it and stir well for Â½ a minute.
- As the gram flour turns golden brown in color add yogurt paste and stir it till the oil comes out of the paste.
- Add the potatoes and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the water and salt as per required.
Our Potato Curry with yogurt gravy is ready to have with chapattis and parathas.