Khandvi is a soft melt in mouth savory snack in Gujarati Cuisine. It is also known as Patuli or Dahivadi. It is very popular and readily available across India. Khandvi is rolled bite sized pieces made up of Gram Flour and Buttermilk. It is very delicious to eat, at the same time difficult to make.
- 1 cup Besan/ Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp. Green Chilli – Ginger Paste
- Â¼ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Coconut Grated
- 2 tbsp. Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tsp. Oil
- 1 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- 2 Green chillies slit lengthwise
- 6-8 curry leaves
- A pinch of Asafoetida / Hing
- Take a small vessel and add gram flour, green chili â€“ ginger paste, turmeric powder and salt in it.
- Mix it well. Now slowly add buttermilk and mix it with a whisk so that no lumps are formed.
- Put some water in the pressure cooker. Once the water is hot, place the vessel into the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles on medium flame.
- Once the pressure releases from the cooker, take the vessel out and mix it well.
- Now take a spatula of besan paste and spread it immediately on the plate.
- Allow it to cool for around 10 mins. Now cut it into 2 inch strips. Roll it tight making sure that no cracks are formed.
- Garnish it with grated coconut and coriander leaves. Prepare the tempering by heating oil.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Then add sesame seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida, and pour it over Khandvi.
Gujarati Khandvi is ready to serve!