First time gardening means a challenge for a gardener to learn many things about soil, plants, climate appropriate for plants, proper light requirement, and many features related to gardening. Planting is just not enough for a gardener but he needs to have a proper study of that plant. Because different plants have their different requirements. We do take care of plants, but when we don’t find the good result than we are depressed, so it is good to have some basic knowledge regarding plantation.
Some of the points a new gardener should keep in mind are:
- Find the type of soil which you have. It should not be hard or clay like. The loamy sandy soil is better for plantation. It keeps the roots of the plants attached to the soil and passes the nutrients well.
- Know your region and know your pH and nutrient’s level of your soil. From this, we can get to know that our soil is acidic or alkaline which affects how plants absorb nutrients. Since different plants thrive best in different pH scale.
- Prepare a plan of our garden to avoid gathering plants in one place. Enough place and proper sunlight are necessary for the plants. It is also important to grow shorter plants on the front side and taller plants in the backside.
- Use proper fertilizers, in the appropriate time interval. Yes, it is necessary to remember the time period of using fertilizer.
- Water your plants properly. Some plants require more water and some require less, so according to our plant water it carefully. In the same way, some plant needs more Sunlight and some needs less so be careful while planting a plant in the garden.
- Avoid weeding. Those weeds which grow together with plants share the nutrients of the plant so to avoid it, mulching is necessary when required. Remove all the bugs which comes near your plant.
- Be patient and your love and care for the plant will make you a good gardener.