Chocolates are my weakness. I can have it in any form, Chocolate Cake, Brownies, Chocolate Milk, Chocolate Cupcakes or just plain chocolates. Today I am sharing with you all an easy Chocolate Cupcake recipe. These Chocolate Cupcakes are moist, fluffy and very chocolaty. I don’t need any special occasion to make these delicious cupcakes. Everyone from kids to grown-ups, enjoy this dessert. And when these cupcakes are topped with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, these cupcakes are a treat to relish. I have used Cocoa powder to make the cupcakes as well as the frosting. Even dark chocolates can be used to give intense chocolate flavor. This batter will yield about 12-14 cupcakes and I am sure it will be gone in no time.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Hot Water (Hot Coffee)
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a big bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the egg. Add in the milk,sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla essence. Whisk until well combined.
- Now pour the egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix well to form the cupcake batter.
- Now add the hot water/ hot coffee to the batter and mix well. Adding hot coffee enhances the flavor of chocolate and is totally optional. The batter will be runny than any normal cake batter. This will help to make the cupcakes moist.
- Fill in the batter to the prepared cupcake liners in a muffin tray. Fill up to 2/3th portion of each cupcake liner.
- Bake these cupcakes for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Oven temperature varies, so keep an eye on your cupcakes.
- Once done, cool the cupcakes on a cooling rack before decorating.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- ¾ Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened at room temperature)
- 2½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 Tbsp. Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a bowl, whip butter until fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder and beat until everything is incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Combine well. Beat everything until it’s light and fluffy.
- You can add the remaining cream gradually if the frosting looks too dry. If it becomes runny, then add powdered sugar a spoon at a time to get the right consistency.
- You don’t need any mixers, to make this as you can easily do it the old fashioned way in a bowl with a whisk. Decorate your Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting or the icing of your choice and enjoy with family and friends.