The key to a blissful life is happiness. And to attain happiness, you need to enjoy your life. People strive to become happy throughout their lives, some get it and some still wait for it. The prospect of happiness is different for each and every person on this earth. Some find happiness in getting a new job with a good pay, and some find it in buying a new house or a new car. Young couples find happiness in getting a partner of their choice, and little kids find happiness when they get a new toy they have been waiting for. There are people who find happiness in spiritual wealth. Spiritual wealth gives us love, faith, and wisdom. It leads us to happiness. We need to look at our lives to determine how wealthy we are spiritually.
Happiness is a state of mind. If you think that you have that peace of mind without having any worldly desires, then you are happy. But despite of having all the pleasures, power, and possession you don’t have peace that means you are not happy. And when someone is not happy, he might face worries, stress, loneliness, depression, insecurity, and he might even pretend to be happy. Happiness could be revolving around you; you just need to grab it.
When I was a little kid, happiness for me was getting my favorite dress as a gift. Then after few years, spending time with friends was happiness to me. And if you ask me now, then I would say being with my family, my son is happiness to me. My day wouldn’t start without a warm hug and a kiss to my son, and would neither his.
“Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
Happiness is something you need to pursue; it won’t just happen on its own. It comes from giving, giving happiness to other people. To get the real happiness you need to change the way you live.
There are some ways that could be helpful to get the real Happiness.
- Forgive and Forget: Forgive the people who have done wrong to you, and forget what they did and stay positive. Forgiveness helps us to conquer the annoying memories and forgetting helps us to move on with our lives. Life is very short, why to waste this precious time keeping grudges against one another.
- Do not expect: One of the secret of happiness is no expectations. Sometimes we expect too much from others because we would do that much for them. If your expectations are high, and you don’t receive what you expected, then there are chances of you being hurt and feeling disappointed. So it’s better not to expect, and get surprise rather than getting upset.
- Do not let jealousy get into you: Jealousy can ruin oneself. You’ll come across many people, who might be more smart & intelligent, beautiful, rich and successful then you, but you might be having your own strong qualities which they must be lacking. Jealously will only bring insecurity and make you bitter. Love yourself the way your are.
- Be grateful: Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude will determine how you are going to live your life. Be thankful to everything you have no matter how small that is. Happiness is loving what you have and being grateful for it.
- Give a helping hand: Always be willing to help others who are in need. Your small act of kindness can make them happy. You can volunteer, make a donation, smile and be friendly to people around you, or comfort someone in grief.
- Look after yourself: To keep yourself happy you should first take care of yourself. No matter what the situation arises, don’t forget to look after yourself. Do not skip your meals or get addicted to alcohol. Remember the saying “Healthy Heart Healthy You.” Get some positive energy around you by removing the negative people from your life.
- Cherish your relationships: Relations plays a major role in one’s life. Learn to cherish each and every relationship. Show your family that you value them. Be polite and kind whenever talking. Treat each relationship with some love, kindness, appreciation, and respect.
- Meditate: Meditation play a major role in finding the real happiness. It helps you to relieve stress and calm your inner self. Eventually this will result in a healthy body and a mind.
- Have some patience: There might be times when you think that now no good will happen, but remember to have some patience. Patience is the key to success. And where there is success, there is happiness. Do not compare yourself with others. Everyone has its own specific time for his growth. Good things will definitely come to you, learn to wait for it.
- Smile Often: With just a smile you can make anyone’s day cheerful. So smile and greet people you meet. Make new friends. Lend them your ear. Make someone smile whenever you can, you never know how much of a difference you could make in someone’s life at that moment.