Among all other games played in India, Badminton is the most liked game which has their deep routes in the sports. The famous badminton player of India are Syed Modi, Aparna Popat, Chetan Anand, Prakash Padukone and among all this one name is Saina Nehwal.
Saina was born on 17th March 1990 in the region called Hisar at Haryana. She is the daughter of Harvin Singh and Usha Rani. She is having a sister Abu Chandranshu Nehwal.
Harvin Singh and Usha Rani are champions of Haryana. Harvin Singh was University champion and Usha Rani was state level champion in Badminton. So they both cultivated the love for sports in their daughter. Sania was interested in Badminton from an early age. To fulfill her daughter dreams Harvir Singh carefully invested money in a provident fund. He wanted her daughter is having best coaching.
Nehwal was coached by Nani Prasad when she was a child then after she was coached by S. M. Arif, an award winning badminton coach. Later by Pullela Gopichand till 2014 and currently, by the former Indian Badminton champion and national coach U. Vimal Kumar
1. She won U 19 championship in badminton sports.
2. She is the youngest Asian to win a 4-star tournament after she won the Phillipenes. she won the Phillipenes Open at the age of 16 in May 2006
3. Sania was the first Indian to win the World Junior Badminton Championship and the first Indian to win a Super Series tournament and Indonesian Open in 2009.
Saina Nehwal is the first Indian women to be ranked as number one in Badminton World Federation in Women’s Singles category. She achieved the Bronze medal at the London Olympics 2014. Nehwal won the India Open Badminton Women’s Singles 2015 title on March 29, 2015.
[amazon_link asins=’B00MBFY1AM’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’girlsgl-21′ marketplace=’IN’ link_id=’d1b21c9d-4f53-11e7-beee-0f12667b2cff’]
1. Sania was awarded with Arjuna Award in 2009.
2. A year later she was honored by Indian Government with Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honour in India.
3. In 2009, Sania was awarded with the highest – The Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award for sporting excellence.
4. In 2016, She was awarded by the third highest civilian honor –Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
Saina Nehwal is one of highest paid sportsperson. Saina has been recognized for her hard work and consistent performances. She has long credited her success in Badminton to the constant support she has received from her Mom and Dad over the years.