A Treadmill — one of the common names in exercise equipment. Initially, when it entered in the fitness industry, it was mostly used in gyms. And the gym technicians insist on joining the gym club to utilize all the benefits. And in few years, it became a trend to have this equipment at home. It became a better option for people who didn’t have the time to go to gym for regular exercise and workout in their own free time. During those days, it was a big deal to have a Treadmill at home. Over the time, its obsession among people decreased and many people found. running or walking on a road better then exercising on this equipment.
In reality a Treadmill is very beneficial for people who are strictly on the way to maintain their body. Even in bad weather like heavy rain or on hot hot summer days, it is found very useful. If you are serious about fitness routine and you have to look after your baby or you need to keep an eye on some elderly at your home, then treadmill can be the best choice for you. You can look after you kids and elders as well as you can work on it. The best thing is that you can adjust little bit of your time up and down in your busy schedule. It saves time to go gym and come back.
The use of Treadmill is not just limited to gym or household, but nowadays it is more used at hospitals, clinics, physiotherapy, sports clubs, Olympic training centers, universities, NASA, and also at police, army, and fire-training centers. Treadmills are also seen at some offices, where employees can work as well as walk on treadmill desks.
Pros and Cons of using Treadmills:
- The worker can set his /her own exercise routine which can be followed regardless of weather.
- The incline setting in a treadmill can allow reliable uphill training to the worker.
- The trainer’s progress like distance, calories burned, and heart rate can be tracked.
- The trainer without missing his/her favorite TV show or news can follow his/her fitness routine.
- Treadmill is very useful for people who due to some physical reason cant step out of their house or room, but gradually working on treadmill can help them start walking again.
- Working on your fitness alone, can sometimes lead to no rules & regulations. You may lose interest after some time.
- If it is not used properly, can cause physical injury. Little kids should stay away from treadmills.
- It is a bit big equipment that can consume more space at your house.
- Some trainers get satisfaction only walking or running outdoors, by getting into nature, which is not possible when using a treadmill.
- It can be pretty expensive to have it with all the expenses attached to it like cost of purchase, electricity, and service charges are relatively greater.
Treadmills continue to be the largest selling exercise equipment category according to Sports & Fitness Industry Association. No matter with all the drawbacks, this equipment can still be a great way to get you into fitness and help you lose some weight. Stay Fit Stay Happy !!!