Winter is the season for the intake of healthy and nutritional foods specially spinach, fenugreek leaves, spring onion and garlics. Also gooseberries and carrots are for this season only. So when we think of all good food intakes then, why we neglect healthy soup on our table?
Yes, ‘Healthy Soup’. We Indians are fond of Tea. 70% of the populations are addicted to Tea and rest prefers Coffee or Juice and few percent people prefer soup. Tea and coffee are okay, but soup is always the best option as it is prepared with healthy vegetables or any other healthy ingredients, which are useful for health and makes our body warm from inside.
Really, when the climate is very cool and when eyes wait for the sun to rise, a hot bowl of soup instead of Tea not only refreshes our mind but also provide warmth to the body. A hot spoon of soup in a freezing climate removes stiffness from the body and sometimes if we are suffering from cold we get relax to have it. Especially the vegetable soup, hot and sour soup, chicken noodle soup and egg drop soup are mostly preferable in this climate.
Here I am sharing you a recipe of vegetable soup which Indian Mom specially wants their children to have it only for the healthy veggies it contains. This is an easy and healthy recipe with a lovely taste and can be prepared in only 20 to 30 minutes of time.
1. Cabbage, onions, sweet corn, potatoes, peas, spring onions, carrots, mushrooms, Indian spinach, and cauliflower.
2. Tomato pastes (boil the tomatoes and make like a paste).
3. Water, oil.
4. Pepper, red chili flakes, cinnamon piece, garlic, salt.
5. Corn starch to thicken the soup.
6. Ginger, lemon juice and vinegar are optional. But these are helpful for sore throat, cold, etc. you can skip these if you did not like those tastes.
1. 2 cups of water
2. 2 chopped spring onions
3. 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
4. 1 teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice
5. 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
6. 1 spoon of minced garlic (3 cloves)
7. 1 tablespoon of corn flour
8. 1 bay leaf
9. ½ pepper powder, red chili flakes
10. ¼ cup of carrot
11. ¼ cups of potato
12. ¼ cups of chopped cabbage
13. ¼ cup of peas
14. ¼ cup of sweet corn
15. Salt as per requirement
1. First of all, rinse all the vegetables and chop them finely.
2. Take a pan that is comfortable for a soup, add oil into it and heat it.
3. Add garlic, spring onions, and bay leaf into the oil heat on low flame until the fresh smell comes outs.
4. Now add all the chopped vegetables into the pan, stir it well for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add water into that mixture and leave to cook until the vegetables are slightly tender.
6. When it looks completed allows the cornstarch into the mixture and stirs the mixture well.
7. Maintain the constant stirring when it gets thick add pepper powder and salt.
8. Once again stir it well and turn off the stove. Then add red chili flakes and vinegar or lemon juice.
9. Now taste the soup if need salt, sour or spicy taste, then add a little and stir it well again and keep it aside for a while for cooling.
10. Then the vegetable soup is ready to serve. Serve it to your family and take the compliments which are given by them.
You can make vegetable soup with other vegetables also. This soup is very healthy and easy to prepare everyone must enjoy this flavor in the winter.
If anyone did not like the pieces of vegetables, then allow the vegetable pieces into the mixture and grind it as a paste after those are cooked in water and continue the process as mentioned.